Monday, November 15, 2010

Baby Sister

Baby sister, Corinne Lillian, arrived on November 8th at 4:17 pm.  Labor was pretty long.  It started around 7 AM with an IV and the pitocin drip.  I started feeling the contractions almost immediately, but they were random and didn't hurt all that much.  The doctor came in to check me around 9 AM and I was externally 3 cm and internally 1 and a fingertip dilated.  The doctor wanted to put a heart rate monitor on top of Corinne's head because she kept moving away from the dopplar heart rate monitor.  However, she either couldn't reach Corinne or I wasn't dilated enough.  A couple of hours go by and the contractions get closer together, but still aren't all that painful.  The doctor comes back in and checks me again.  She is able to get the monitor on top of Corinne's head.  Sometime after that, my water breaks.  My contractions started to come closer together and were more painful.  At this time, I asked for an epidural.  It was around 1 when I got the epidural.  Between 3:30 and 3:45 I started feeling the need to push.  The nurse called the doctor and the doctor was finishing up with a patient.  I started to push at 4:10.  At 4:17 Corinne Lillian was born.

Getting cleaned up
Getting weighed
Proud Daddy
Big sister and little sister
Big Sister, little sister and Mamaw
Bubba and Gigi
Mommy, big sister, and little sister

Mad face

No comments: